What if we were providing you with a few ideas to start your food transition and start the adventure?
There are a certain number of ingredients that make part of the basic basket in vegetal cooking.
Here are a few examples but possibilities are limitless!
Prepare your own grocery list.
VEGETABLES, FRUITS, LEGUMINOUS PLANTS, CEREALS
– Vegetables : broccoli, pepper, sweet potato (+fiber and lower GI than classical potatoes) … this is all up to you according to your tastes and the seasons
– Azukis beans (higher in protein), red beans, red lentils, red lentils pasta, peas, chickpeas (very practical in cans), green lentils
– Wholegrain rice, quinoa, bulgur
– Fresh fruits and dried fruits (apricots, cranberries…)
– Ginger, garlic, onions
– Cumin, curry, curcuma, oregano
– Parsley, coriander, mint
GRAINS AND NUTS
– Nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, almonds
– Non salted peanuts
– Chia seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds
– Rapeseed oil
– Olive oil
– Coconut oil (more for pastry)
– Nuts oil
SUBSTITUTES AND TOFUS
– Plant based steaks (be careful, might be vegetarian but not all are vegan)
– Tofu (smoked), herbs tofu or garlic tofu
– Texturized soybeans protein (the texture is similar to meat and it has no flavour, you can cook it just like beef in a pasta sauce)
And for vegan burgers, we highly advise you to try the BEYOND MEAT products.
Not the best regarding nutrition because they are quite fat, but they don’t have any soy and taste reeeeaaaally good! However, if you don’t like the taste of meat anymore, don’t try them. The taste is very close to meat.
– Plant yogurts : soy, oats, coconut
– Peanut butter (natural), almond or cashew butter
– Chocolate spread (vegan)
– Plant creams : coconut, soy, oats (for currys preparations for example)
– Vegetal milk (oats milk is quite neutral, soy, cashew, coconut, almond)
– Soy sauce / Maggi sauce
– Tahini (flax seeds butter) for homemade humus
If you have other ideas to improve this list share it with us!